Friday 18 January 2008

Butterfly Dress

Dave's friend has been coming around a lot during the holidays and I thought she'd make the perfect model for some girls clothes!

I had a round tablecloth with these gorgeous butterflies all over it, which I was going to make a circular skirt out of but then remembered I never wear skirts! So I made a dress for little miss, using that and some of the white t-shirt material I had scored previously from the op shop.

There are two layers of skirt section which I found challenging to put together and probably did sew it in the wrong order but it all turned out in the end!


It actually looks better in real life than in the photos - for once! A size too big perhaps, but at least she can grow into it.


1 comment:

Bec said...

This is beautiful. The butterfly seersucker fabric is just perfect for a dress like this!