Tuesday 18 November 2008

Chicken Sitting

For the past 10 days we have been keeping an eye on a friends chickens, at their property. Going and letting them out for a run, collecting the eggs, then coming back later and giving them some scraps and seed and locking them up for the night.

They all have such characters and are pretty well behaved except for when you are trying to herd them back into their house when they have other ideas!

The kids just adore them and have given them names too.



Here is 'Big Boss' the rooster:




And this one they have called Eve:





So here is Wall.E... can't have an Eve without a Wall.E... apparently!


I know there's two.. there's actually 3 of those brown ones.. I think they're all called Wall.E!





This black one is Henny Penny:






And this one is named Foreign Contaminant?!





I can't wait to get our chooks! I am hoping to get four, one for each of the boys and one for me too! I am still looking about at chicken house designs, but here is one I have come across that I like the look of:



Pretty cool, hey!

1 comment: