Monday 28 June 2010

More knitting

I finished the vest for Sam, and he loves it. I think mostly because of the kombi on the front!


Here he is wearing just over his jumper as I was desperate to see if it was an okay fit as soon as it came off the needles!

I am extremely happy with it considering it is a first attempt at a knitting project.

Next, I attempted some simple fingerless mitts for Noah, by myself!
Here are the completed 'Golden Gloves'.


Dave asked for some in purple, so I set to knitting him a pair of 'Purple Power-mitts' right away. Will post pictures in my next blog.

Last Thursday my husband and I travelled to Moreton Island and stayed there until Saturday. It was quite beautiful despite the patches of rain, and I am really happy with some of the photographs I took while away. I also started a holiday beanie in grey and am knitting in the round using double pointed needles for the first time. I hope it will turn out! I will post photos from Moreton Island and of my holiday beanie in my next blog.

On Saturday we travelled back to Brisbane and I got to see Yusuf Islam aka Cat Stevens in concert. I was SO excited, having grown up listening to his music and being a HUGE fan. The concert exceeded all my expectations - it really was a fantastic night.



This video wasn't taken by me, but was taken at the same show (Brisbane). We had better seats ;)

So this week is back to reality, with the start of uni semester 2. Already I have dropped a unit, so am back to two units. I think that's all I can handle right now! It's going to be a busy semester!

No comments: