Sunday 23 January 2011

Chicks at Week 5

I can't believe how fast the last two weeks have gone! I started a new job on 10th January, three days a week and I am loving it.The kids are still on holidays too, so on my off days I have been keeping busy.

Last weekend I spent the Sunday shovelling crusher dust into the two larger pens to build up the floor which had been dug/eroded away and gaps had begin to show under the floor frames.
I still have to fix up the smaller of the two pens, to make it snake proof before I put the A-team down there.

Anyway - here is an update on how the A-team are growing out and their gender guesses to date:

Rocky - I am now thinking that Rocky is perhaps a girl!




Midnite - Still thinking girl.



Little Red - yep, definately a boy!



Barnie - still thinking 'girl' for this one.



Little Barnie - yes, definately a boy - look at that comb!



And now the Buff Sussex ones:

Buff 1 = Boy



Buff 2 = Boy



Buff 3 = Girl!



Buff 4 is looking more New Hampshire, and is a girl!



And now the Araucanas - which I really have no idea on, but here are my guesses.

On the left, Lavender - still hoping she is a girl.

Next to her is Musketeer 1 - I think possibly a boy.



Musketeer 2 - I am thinking boy for this one too.



Musketeer 3 - I think could be a girl?



Musketeer 4 - I think might be a girl also.



They are growing quite quickly but still fit comfortably in their little pen I made them.
Within the next two weeks I am planning on moving them down to the larger pen next to the main pen.


I also have some more eggs in the incubator. B-Team are due to hatch 5th Feb if all goes well.

No comments: